Deadline for Applications: July 31, 2021
Full/Part Time: 40 hours per week
Full/Part Year: 52 weeks per year
Starting Pay: $57,983.28 annually
Provides supervision to cooks and overall management of the three kitchens. Responsible for the oversight and implementation of food service operations according to HSPPS, CACFP requirements, local department health codes and Department of Early Education and Care regulations.
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Two-year degree in food service or culinary arts and/or
- SERV Safe Certified
- Three to five years’ experience minimum in quantity food service delivery.
- Two years of supervisory experience required.
Qualities and Skills
- Trained in nutrition, food service production management, food allergies and safety and sanitation
- Effective communication, problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a diverse workplace
- Computer Literacy: Word Processing and Database Skills
- Ability to plan and order supplies and necessary food items to comply with menu requirements and the special dietary needs of children.
- Working knowledge of the CACFP requirements and food choking hazards
- Ability and willingness to work as a team member
- Ability to maintain and adhere to boundary guidelines
- Pursuant to Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 119, Section 51A you are a mandated reporter and held to the statutory reporting requirements
- Responsible for planning, preparation, safe storage, and service of nutritious meals at the Head Start centers.
- Supervise cooks in kitchens and provide oversight of general kitchen management.
- Establish and implement systems to ensure increased efficiency and cost savings for the nutrition program.
- Plan and evaluate the monthly menu and purchase necessary food and supplies.
- Assist Nutrition Coordinator in menu development, menu implementation and document any changes or substitutions in writing.
- Purchase and receipt of foods to assure quality and cost control.
- Keep accurate records of all food and supply purchases and submit the necessary documentation to the fiscal department.
- Plan, organize, supervise, and provide monitoring of maintenance and cleaning schedule for kitchens, food preparation areas, food service equipment and food delivery vans.
- Monitors food service operations for quality and compliance with HSSP, CACFP, local health department codes, and Department of Early Education and Care regulations.
- Provides professional development opportunities, training and technical assistance to staff in food service operations and food handling and safety.
EOE / AA
To apply Click Here!