Job Title: H.R. Generalist
Deadline for Applications: March 18, 2021
Full/Part Time: 40 hours per week
Full/Part Year: 52 weeks per year
Starting Pay: $21.39
Bicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Bilingual English/Spanish required.
Works within the Human Resource area to support and assist all levels of internal management and staff as well as outside clients and vendors, potential candidates, interns, volunteers, and/or staff answering questions and guiding them through the Agency’s policies, procedures and benefits. Areas of focus include benefit administration, including Medical, Dental, FSA, 403(b), Life/ADD; all types of employee leave including but not limited to FMLA, MA PFML, Parental Leave, SNL and ensuring all employee hire letters and status changes are properly processed.
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- HRCI PHR or SHRM CP certification a plus
- At least one year of full-time human resource experience strongly preferred particularly in the areas of staff recruiting, employee benefits and employee leave.
Qualities and Skills:
- All positions require experience with and sensitivity to the needs of lower income, culturally diverse, and at-risk families.
- Desire to embrace and ability to promote diversity in the workplace.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain and model professionalism, confidentiality and integrity.
- Ability and willingness to work as a team member and individually when applicable.
- Consistently exercises sound judgment.
- Computer Literacy: Strong computer skills and experience with computer programs such as Office 365, Outlook, Excel spreadsheets, Word (including formatting & mail merge), Power Point and databases. Human Resource and Payroll software experience a plus.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail while performing various tasks simultaneously.
- Effective communication skills, verbally and in writing,
- Exceptional organizational skill in organizing work tasks, work space and electronic and hard copy filing.
Click here to apply